Wednesday, February 25, 2009

spelling malfunction!?!?!

Sam brought home his spelling test yesterday &
I was a little surprised that he got 7 out of 12.
He's a smart kid & normally he gets a hundred.
But, I know that he was a little thrown off by the- ir, ur & er words.
As I was going over the words that he missed I kept saying to myself
'I should've gone over these words with him more'.
Then, I was a little shocked to see one of words obviously spelled wrong,
but it wasn't marked wrong.
Maybe the teacher got a little chuckle &
thought that this was something that
I could handle more appropriately at home.
Anyways, it was all done in innocence.
But, it was fun to see his reacion once he realized what he had written,
he was a little mystified that he had actually spelled a swear word!


5 comments:

Debi said...

Oh my gosh! That is sooo funny! What a cute boy Sam is. I sure miss seeing his smile around the neighborhood!

Lanette said...

HA HA HA! I love it! That is so great! Aren't you glad you've saved this little moment? Let's hope it doesn't weasel it's way into his vocabulary...

Family said...

Come on Daina. Are you sure you didn't write that on his paper when you saw his score?

Jodi said...

THAT is too funny! Sweet little innocent Sam, ha ha...

jenifer said...

boy, here in texas our teachers are a bit more conservative with their spelling lists... we might not be conservative with our analogies, but definitly with our spelling lists.