Saturday, February 14, 2009

WARNING: Blog Hijack

It's Diana's 34th birthday tomorrow - hence the hijacking by her sly husband (that's me). I want the world to know more about this remarkable woman; things that you may or may not know, but make her so much more lovable and unique. Here we go! (I hope you all appreciate the tremendous risk I take in this endeavor!)

  • She's not afraid to speak her mind.
  • She's has a well developed 6th sense (mother's intuition).
  • She will watch the same kissing scene in a chick flick over and over.
  • The thing that torments her the most in life is deciding which ice cream flavor to buy (she will stand in the freezer aisle and stare, biting the tips of her fingers for embarrassingly long periods of time).
  • Considering her sweet addiction to frozen cream and sugar, she is in remarkable physical shape.
  • She was once engaged to a dancer...but then left him for a REAL man.
  • She's not as naive as she may look.
  • She loves country music (i.e. "International Harvester"? Have you heard this song!?)
  • She never reads a book in sequence - she always flips forward "just to see what happens."
  • Her baking is WICKED GOOD.
  • She is an incredible shopper. (She has been known to purchase entire wardrobes for the cost of a pack of bubble gum).
  • She's a screamer. Screams when she's happy, screams when she's startled, screams when she's surprised, screams when she hears someone scream, etc.
  • She looks amazing in the morning when she wakes up.
  • Snores, drools, talks in her sleep.
  • She has never had braces but has perfect teeth.
  • Once she finds something she likes in a restaurant she will never try anything new.
  • She taught me how to kiss.
  • She has a tremendous capacity for loving others.
  • She was named Woman of the Year at Ricks College in 1995.
  • Doesn't care much for living creatures outside her own species.
  • She once left her husband unconscious on the bathroom floor while she ran downstairs to go to the bathroom (Because she "couldn't hold it" and was too modest to go while I was there). Ummm, what part of "unconscious" don't you understand?
  • She has her mother's beautiful hands.
  • She's tough (I pity the fool who ever tries to mug her).
  • She survived 12 long years of "Husband's a Scoutmaster" syndrome (And never received a single award for it).
  • She has a natural talent for interior design.
  • She has to dress her colorblind husband every morning (And boy, does she make him look good!)
  • Her mother-in-law and father-in-law love her more than they love their own son (yeah, that would be me).
  • She was nicknamed Debbie in High School (I'm not exactly sure why...maybe sweet like Little Debbie snack cakes??)
  • She's starting to find gray hair (Yeah, that would be my fault).
Diana, thank you for your love, patience, beauty and sacrifice. You are an angel.

11 comments:

Family said...

We second that! We think that you are pretty special too, Casey. We love you both and wish Diana a fun and happy birthday.

jenifer said...

Happy Birthday Diana!! You are the sweetest person I know. I'm glad we're connected... :) Hope you have a great year. (And, I had to eat more candy just reading about 11 miles.) you go girl.

Debi said...

Happy B-day Diana! WOW! I am so impressed with Casey, let him know that. I laughed at most of what he told about you, some of which I would've thought he wouldn't dare!i.e, snore, drools : ) Have a great day

SC said...

Glad you got rid of the Dancer Di, he was a little too sensitive. Glad to have your in our family. Happy Birthday. Shaney

Anonymous said...

Casey is the Man.

Taneil said...

WoW! That was so sweet! I wonder if my husband would know all that about me. Happy Birthday! Diana! I'd have to say that we are surprisingly similar!:)

Anonymous said...

Besides being amazing yourself, Diana, you have an amazing husband! I am probably one of the few women in the world who gets flowers from her son-in-law on her daughter's birthday along with a thank you card for giving birth to such a wonderful woman. Thank you, Casey. The white tulips are absolutely beautiful.

Nicole said...

Hope you had a perfect birthday! Love you!

Alison said...

Wow! This is the cutest post I have ever seen! I'm impressed Casey! Happy Birthday Diana! You are so loved!

cally said...

All right, where do I start.

First of all, I'd like to ask your husband to be a guest blogger for my birthday, which was Monday. He can make up the nice stuff, I don't care.

And second, I knew I recognized you from somewhere, and now I know it must have been from your Woman of the Year photos in the Ricks paper or something. I was there in '94 -'95. Awesome.

And...then I'll stop...I totally get the screaming. I do it quietly into pillows when I'm by myself watching American Idol. Only on the good songs.

Happy Birthday.

Holly said...

Happy Birthday Geezer. I loved reading this post. I hope you had a great day and will have a great year.