Tuesday, February 24, 2009

12 miler!

I know that maybe one of you is dying to know about my 12 mile run that I did last Friday. It actually only turned out to be an 11.5. The day was actually quite beautiful, my pal & I saw some gorgeous white swans flying above us in the blue sky. The route we took was about 5 miles up & 7 miles down (if that even makes sense). My left knee gave out on the last mile. I could even see my final destination & my disappointment was great! I gave my partner a little added anxiety, while I was limping along I had an asthma attack, not a bad one- it was exercised induced. But, none the less it is stressful to see someone struggle for breath.
Anyways, my IT band on my left leg is what was hurting me. So I am taking a few days off to nurse it and hopefully start on a little run at the end of this week. I luckily have 4 weeks until the big race, but I am still cutting it close. Cross your fingers for me!

1 comment:

Jodi said...

Now don't do that again...I need my running friend back!!! Hope it is all better real soon.