Wednesday, February 11, 2009

"11"

"Ouch, ouch, ouch, ouch, ouch, ouch, ouch, ouch & ouch!"
says I, while climbing the stairs to post!

This time seemed a lot harder & here are a few reasons:

-had to wear spikes because of ice
-muscles were tense the whole 11 miles for fear of falling on ice
-running into a southern breeze, (might as well have
been a gale force wind)
-stopped to push someone stuck in the drifts at the cemetary
(at least we got a little break!)
-watching your feet while the snow pelted (maybe a little exaggeration, but felt like it!)
your face

Here are a few good points about the 11 miler:

-it's over & I can say I did it (thanks to my partner!)
-I didn't get heat stroke
-my kids can say how 'cool' their mom is
(they better say it!)
-my husband does think I am 'cool'
-the blister formed on my big toe isn't too big
-no GOO, the chewy electrolyte snacks were great
(other than they were frozen!)
-great sense of accomplishment!

I hope this makes sense & doesn't have too many errors
because I'm a little tired!

1 comment:

Debi said...

Way to go! That's so impressive since I don't remember you being a runner! I think it's awesome