Before I get to the rest of the pictures I need to say a little something about wrestling:
Wrestling is not a sport that I am accustomed to!
(For any lovers of that sport I don't mean to offend.)
Sam is signed up in a small wrestling league that
practices 2 nights a week with a tournament on Saturday.
The first time I took Sam to his practice I wanted to bring along my Clorox wipes.
The wipes, of course, would be for the mat that, probably, has never been sanitized.
As Sam's face was being smeared across that mat I was wondering what new breed of infection was growing right there.
I get uncomfortable watching wrestling as hands are
placed on the body where they shouldn't be placed.
Tears start forming as someone is slammed down on the mat rather roughly.
I was definitely taken back at the feeling that was in the school gym as
coaches and parents are yelling for their sons to
"toughen up"
"quit crying" or
"take 'em down"!
I do have to say that our coaches were PHENOMENAL!
They are teaching these boys true sportsmanship &
I appreciate that.
I thought "where is the fun in this?".
He has now done two tournaments.
His first tourney, he took 1st on the 3 matches he wrestled.
His second tourney didn't go so well.
He took 2nd place (which means he lost) on his three matches.
It is really difficult to watch your sweet boy struggle with someone on
top of him shoving his face into the mat.
Or to see the tears that he is trying to suppress while his shoulder is being wrenched out of its socket! Several times I wanted to go & pick up the little boy who looked like he had all of his WWF moves down & was wanting to practice with my kid.
However, I restrained myself!
Casey & I both decided that that was his last tournament!
(For any lovers of that sport I don't mean to offend.)
Sam is signed up in a small wrestling league that
practices 2 nights a week with a tournament on Saturday.
The first time I took Sam to his practice I wanted to bring along my Clorox wipes.
The wipes, of course, would be for the mat that, probably, has never been sanitized.
As Sam's face was being smeared across that mat I was wondering what new breed of infection was growing right there.
I get uncomfortable watching wrestling as hands are
placed on the body where they shouldn't be placed.
Tears start forming as someone is slammed down on the mat rather roughly.
I was definitely taken back at the feeling that was in the school gym as
coaches and parents are yelling for their sons to
"toughen up"
"quit crying" or
"take 'em down"!
I do have to say that our coaches were PHENOMENAL!
They are teaching these boys true sportsmanship &
I appreciate that.
I thought "where is the fun in this?".
He has now done two tournaments.
His first tourney, he took 1st on the 3 matches he wrestled.
His second tourney didn't go so well.
He took 2nd place (which means he lost) on his three matches.
It is really difficult to watch your sweet boy struggle with someone on
top of him shoving his face into the mat.
Or to see the tears that he is trying to suppress while his shoulder is being wrenched out of its socket! Several times I wanted to go & pick up the little boy who looked like he had all of his WWF moves down & was wanting to practice with my kid.
However, I restrained myself!
Casey & I both decided that that was his last tournament!
3 comments:
He is quite the man!!! Way to go Sam!!
Your a better mom than I was!
I don't know if you meant to be funny, but that was hilarious. I especially liked the clorox wipes part. Hey, at least he didn't have to wear a wrestling singlet (is that what they're called?) Your kids are cute.
Post a Comment