I thought it would be a great idea!
Ellie wanted to tag along.
I thought we were in for a delightful afternoon!
Ash got Tony bridled & saddled, while I watched & offered her support.
(I don't know much about that stuff, because it's always been done for me & I was fine with that!)
Ashlyn starts riding & out comes Ellie holding a mud boot.
(Now, G & G Puzey have a wooden box in the garage that holds all of the
'mud boots' for the kids to put on when they go out to the muddy garden.)
El thought it would be a great idea to dig hers out.
Well, she walks out with one boot on her foot & is holding the other one in her hand saying, "Something is squishy in this boot!"
I, of course, say, "Let me take a look at it!"
As I am peering down into the bottom of this black boot it is hard to see anything.
So, I decide to turn it upside down & dump it out!
I start screaming & laughing at the same time as a tiny, decomposing mouse falls out!
I again look into the boot hoping that that was the only thing in there & catch a whiff of it.
Not a pretty smell!
I look at Ellie & ask if she put her hand in the boot.
She looked at me very concerned & said "no!"
Being the overprotective, germophobic freak that I am,
we quickly rush into the house & wash her hands.
Then I look at the sock she put in the boot.
Of course, the bottom is wet with squishy mouse guts & they stink.
I grab Ellie's foot & a Clorox wipe (I love those things) to give her little toes a scrub down,
run out to the garage to throw away the contaminated socks
(because heaven knows I am not putting them into my washer),
come back in & wash Ellie's hands again to ease my conscience.
After we had calmed down, I had to go & take care of the remains that were by the barn.
3 comments:
Oh, don't be afraid of a little dead thing. Where is Gus Gus and Comet? They have been slacking their duties.
I think I might be able to handle a mouse like that, but if it was a spider that big, NO WAY!!!!!
Your a farmer-woman for sure now!
Yikes! I don't like those kind of surprises either. (Thank heaven for Clorox Wipes.)
Post a Comment