Tuesday, November 4, 2008

proud mama

Yesterday, Sammy & I were doing his homework.
His class started doing a unit on families, their rules and what work they do together. I took pictures of Sam & Ellie raking leaves.

What gave me the giggles was when I asked Sam what is one of our family rules.
I thought that he would say no fighting, eat all of your food on your plate, or do your chores.
But he said with a huge exclamation point,
" NO WHINING!!!!".

As I was thinking about that, my kids probably hear that the most.
I am sure that it is at the end of every rule that I say.

Here are some examples:
"You need to eat your food gone & no whining!"
"Go finish you chores & don't whine!"
"Stop your fighting & quit whining!"

Of course at the end of every one of those sentences is followed by a big PLEASE!
So to Sam I say,
"Way to listen buddy. I sure love you !"

1 comment:

Shelley Gee said...

Is this what you are doing instead of going to vote in the most life changing election in history!!! Ya know it could come down to just the difference of one vote and could you live with the guilt of that? I KNOW, I KNOW, I WILL JUST STOP WHINING!!! :D