I think that this year will officially go down as the fastest year of my life!
The time to start thinking about "the most wonderful time of the year" has arrived & this year I am dead set on making it our best one ever.
So, I am asking for your help, my friends & family!
I want to have this year be centered on Christ's birth not on Santa's round belly,
on those who are in need not those who have it all
& on making lasting memories that my children will adore
not standing in long lines listening to people complain.
Also, is it even possible to have a homemade Christmas?
To give gifts that have been designed and thought of by your own two hands.
I want to know that this is a possibility for me and not a far-fetched dream.
(Now, I am not going overboard here, I don't want to do the whole Christmas that way, but a few gifts made with love I can handle.)
Please, please, please, give me your comments on past memories that have had a lasting impression on you! I want to know things that your parents did for you to help you understand the true meaning of Christmas. I want to know what you are doing for your children, or nieces & nephews.
Just take a short minute & give this Christmas gift to me early!
The time to start thinking about "the most wonderful time of the year" has arrived & this year I am dead set on making it our best one ever.
So, I am asking for your help, my friends & family!
I want to have this year be centered on Christ's birth not on Santa's round belly,
on those who are in need not those who have it all
& on making lasting memories that my children will adore
not standing in long lines listening to people complain.
Also, is it even possible to have a homemade Christmas?
To give gifts that have been designed and thought of by your own two hands.
I want to know that this is a possibility for me and not a far-fetched dream.
(Now, I am not going overboard here, I don't want to do the whole Christmas that way, but a few gifts made with love I can handle.)
Please, please, please, give me your comments on past memories that have had a lasting impression on you! I want to know things that your parents did for you to help you understand the true meaning of Christmas. I want to know what you are doing for your children, or nieces & nephews.
Just take a short minute & give this Christmas gift to me early!


9 comments:
some of my favorite kid-made gifts are...
- embroidered hankerchiefs for dad and grandpa
-embroidered pillows for teachers and mom (even the boys do great with this!)
-framed painted pictures (on canvas)
-poems
-applique totes for their teachers
we have the kids buy each other gifts at the dollar store, but taneil is having them each make a gift for one another... marshmellow shooters, modgepodged journals, bead necklaces and key chains, chocolate lollipops, lifesaver trains, etc.
I'm just starting to plan Christmas-- I'll keep you updated on any more fun ideas we come up with... tell us YOUR ideas-- I'm sure you have hundreds...
HO HO HO!
oh, and one of my FAVORITE books is I Believe in Santa Clause by Diane Adamson... it compares Santa to Jesus in a sweet way... he brings gifts, he loves children, etc. love it.
spell check--
marshmallows
Santa Claus
etc.
We had an neigborhood party in the barn(stable. We had a bon fire in the round corral (careful not to set the barn and hay on fire)Everyone brought their favorite chirstmas treat to share. We had lots of hot chocolate also. Instead of everyone doing neighbor gifts we had tithing envelopes available and encouraged everyone to donatedto the church humanitarian fund. We even put up lights and a star on the barn. I think the neighbors appreciated not having to come up with some cheesy gift for so many and it was fun for the kids to climb around in the hay and play with each other. Even thought it is sometimes very cold the spirit of Christmas warmed the heart.
Grandma and Grandpa Puzey always love just a heartfelt note expressing feelings of love and gratitute for those things that matter most in your lives. Pictures are always great and lasting memories.
The advent calander we did every day that was centered on Christ. I LOVED that!!!
My roommates and I used to also do secret santa service and so something nice for them for the 12 days before Christmas...without getting caught!
I don't know if you could do this with the age of your kids, but my family (my big Fuller family)draws names every year and the gifts have to be handmade. It is stressful thinking of a fun, cool, original idea every year, but so fun too. For instance, last year I gave Ang's family all scarves that I knitted for them, a photo brag book for her husband, and a purse that I made for Ang. This year I have Erin's name and decorated a giant E to hang on her wall and am crocheting a throw for her bed. Our handmade gifts are one of the best parts about Christmas. Also, we have an advent calendar and with each treat my kids get there is a scripture telling about the birth of Christ. Our FHE's all year are Christmas/Christ centered. I hope more peops respond to your blog so I can copy their fun ideas for my own family.
Diana -
One of the most favorite traditions is every Christmas eve our entire family (Grandmas and Grandpas) get to gether and exchange coupons for each other. SOmetimes they are a complement, and sometimes they are a job to give to the other person. Like teach them to play tennis or bring them their favorite meal when they are sick. It is so meaningful to be able to think about your extended family members and what they would want from you. Even my kids do it. I love it!
Post a Comment