Thursday, April 2, 2009

my man

I need to preface this post before you see the rest of these pictures!

Casey had a birthday & it was actually on the
day of his 90-year old grandma's funeral.
So, we decided to celebrate a couple of days later.

Now, those of you who know Casey, know that he
is very practical & isn't into indulging himself with 'luxury' items.
(luxury, being anything that he doesn't absolutely NEED)
You can say he is very frugal & watches where he spends his pennies,
unless he is shopping at the D.I. & then he throws caution to the wind!
(he's just like his dad that way, you gotta love 'em)

Well, I decided to do something wild & crazy.
I bought him an iTouch!
He loves little gadgets like this &
gets a kick at figuring things out!

This is the reaction that I was hoping for,
but just to be safe I saved the receipt & told him not
to open it until he was absolutely sure he LOVED it.
I also gave him the option of returning the iTouch & getting himself
the canaries he's always wanted!
(I on the other hand secretly can't handle anymore animals, no matter the size!)
The picture at the top was his initial reaction.
The 'look' is saying "oh you sly little devil!"

My look, is one of contentment, because he kept it & has been a giddy
little school boy learning all of the in's & out's of this handy gadget!
Happy Birthday, Love

4 comments:

Debi said...

That's fantastic! Sometimes I think we wives know that they will secretly love items that they would never spend "that kind of money" on. Way to go! Chris has one and absolutely loves it. It goes with him EVERYWHERE!

Family said...

Nice, but what is a itouch? I'm obviously out of it. It has taken me alot of effort just to leave this comment.

jenifer said...

happy birthday old man from your Texas, john wayne lovin' cousins... and, diana, your welcome for giving you the heads up on the DI sale-- when we heard DI was selling I-Touch's we immediately thought of Casey.

Heather said...

my jimmy is super thrifty too... only he takes back anything nice i buy him. sigh... so i think it's especially cool that Casey kept it and is enjoying it. wait - you got it at D.I. (i just read jenifer's comment). Good work!