Sunday, March 29, 2009

MOAB

Here we are at mile 11.
Our kids found us & ran by our sides for a few seconds!
I definitely had some really white legs
because the week before I was training in
snow pants!
The sun felt amazing!
We crossed the finish line!
(You can ignore the 70-year old man who crossed the line before me,
I am sure he was pro!)
Picture time in front of the finisher back drop!

Here are my stats:
chip time- 2:16:37
place-2,136 (out of 5000 racers)
female bracket- 1070
age bracket- 241
These make me laugh!
Jodi, my partner was amazing & the greatest cheerleader
as I was experiencing some knee pain
around mile 7.
All in all,
it was a beautiful race & a great life experience!

8 comments:

Heather said...

I think it's seriously just cool that you did all the training and finished the race! I don't even know if I could run 5 miles right now. Great scenery to run in too. Congrats on an awesome adventure and run!

Nate and Heidi said...

WOW!! Diana!! I didn't know you were training for a half. KUDDOS! That's about the same time that I ran my last 1/2 marathon too. Are you by chance running the Teton Dam 1/2 marathon? Nate, me, and a couple of his brothers are running it as well. Congrats! Doesn't it feel great to be done with the race though? How did you like mile 12 and 13?? =) Heidi

Shelley Gee said...

Don't feel bad about your stats, the 70 year old man in front of you has much whiter legs and that is really all that matters, right?

Family said...

We're so proud of you. What an example of commitment and determination. Way to go we love you!

Debi said...

Way to go, I'm proud of you! You trained in a pretty short amount of time. The warm weather is so nice, we are in St. George right now sitting at the pool. Hearing of the snow storm back home : ) Anyway, good Job!

Holly said...

Great job!! That is pretty dang cool! There's a really fun 1/2 marathon coming up here in October. You could take a little trip, stay with someone you know :), and run your heart out in Baltimore. It's a fun race and you're almost guaranteed not to get shot or knifed while running. Come on, do it.

Taneil said...

That is so cool! I loved the pictures! Tell Jodi congrads too! I am amazed BUT I am always amazed by you!!!

Kristi said...

Good Job Diana. I am impressed that you trained in the winter. That is always my excuse to stop running. My family keeps wanting to form a team for the Teton Dam Marathon relay. We'll keep you in mind since you are in such good shape.:) I think there is a litle competition going on between us and the Gerald Gees