Monday, December 29, 2008

the unexpected


During the hustle & bustle of Sunday mornings
I thought I was actually doing pretty good...
-Casey was at meetings
-I had dinner all thought out & ready to put into the oven
-primary music was ready to go
-3 oldest were ready for church
-Ellie was in the shower, while I got ready.
I WAS SET!

A little squeaky voice said, "mom, I'm ready to get out."
I opened the shower door to find a comb
entangled tightly within the beautiful
locks of my baby!

I worked for an hour & a half. I was able to get
the comb about 4 inches away from her scalp & knew
that I couldn't do any better.
A sweet friend from my ward who is a trained
hair professional came over to give me comfort & try to
salvage a little bit of the mess we were in!






-finished product!
She lost about 5 inches in length, but the results are
BEAUTIFUL!

1 comment:

Family said...

Could have been worse. She could have tried to cut it out herself. You're right still beautiful.