Saturday, December 20, 2008

Mary

I have had the blessing of two babies being born during the Christmas season. When my first baby came, it was a week before Christmas. I remember holding him while sitting in a cozy chair with my feet up, being warmed by a fire & gazing into the lights of a Christmas tree. I have similar thoughts when my third child was born at the beginning of December. I had all of the same comforts once again. During the quiet moments of holding these little ones my thoughts went to Mary, the mother of Christ.

What a miraculous young woman she was- to know that she was the earthly mother to the Savior of the world. What a huge weight that she must have carried on her shoulders, knowing that one day her son would grow and give up his life for all those who would come to this earth.

I am grateful for her life. What an elect daughter of God, to have lived her life with strength, courage & love that she so freely gave to a beautiful baby boy. I am sure that she cherished & remembered every precious moment that she had with her sweet boy who grew to be a valiant young man & then to the man who knew what his purpose in this life was to be.

I look forward to meeting Mary in the next life, but for right now I can only imagine how truly wonderful she is.

2 comments:

Family said...

Thank you for your sweet thoughts.
We love you and thank you for the sweet sons that you have shared with us. In your own way you are our Mary!

Jodi said...

I would have to say I agree with the other comments...you most definitely are a great woman with amazing children.