It is finally here!
The month of all months that really tests my organizational abilities!
My kitchen will be covered in fabric for the next 2 weeks,
all for the cause of a homemade Christmas!
Saturday,
I cornered Casey,
so that he could be my sounding board for the Christmas to-do list!
He rolled his eyes and gave out a big sigh as he knew what he was in for.
With my pencil perched and my notebook on the ready, I wrote down the names of people to send Christmas cards to, the names of people for neighborhood treats, the names of people who deserve a token of appreciation (teachers, Primary teachers, mailman, visiting teaching people, home teaching people, work people, etc. . . ). The list went on & on!
As I looked up from my list to see my husband's glazed-over look I realized why I am the one in charge of this season every year!
BUT. . . .
The crazy thing is that I love it!
I work good under pressure, not always happy all the time, but I get the job done!
So, my goal for this year is to keep a smile on my face as I wear many different hats, from birthday coordinator- to room mom for the 1st grade- to sewing maniac- to Christmas decorator -to loving wife & mother & everything else that we do in between.
I think that this is definitely achievable, at least that's what I am telling myself!
Merry Christmas everyone!
The month of all months that really tests my organizational abilities!
My kitchen will be covered in fabric for the next 2 weeks,
all for the cause of a homemade Christmas!
Saturday,
I cornered Casey,
so that he could be my sounding board for the Christmas to-do list!
He rolled his eyes and gave out a big sigh as he knew what he was in for.
With my pencil perched and my notebook on the ready, I wrote down the names of people to send Christmas cards to, the names of people for neighborhood treats, the names of people who deserve a token of appreciation (teachers, Primary teachers, mailman, visiting teaching people, home teaching people, work people, etc. . . ). The list went on & on!
As I looked up from my list to see my husband's glazed-over look I realized why I am the one in charge of this season every year!
BUT. . . .
The crazy thing is that I love it!
I work good under pressure, not always happy all the time, but I get the job done!
So, my goal for this year is to keep a smile on my face as I wear many different hats, from birthday coordinator- to room mom for the 1st grade- to sewing maniac- to Christmas decorator -to loving wife & mother & everything else that we do in between.
I think that this is definitely achievable, at least that's what I am telling myself!
Merry Christmas everyone!
3 comments:
your table looks just like mine!! i knew i liked you for a reason...
You go girl! You've got this madness figued out. I love you!
I told my mom that I was feeling a little stressed this month and she responded that that isn't what the month of December is all about. It's funny, but I don't remember her being very relaxed when we were all at home. Mabes it's like child-birth, you forget how painful it was until you're actually doing it again. It's still the funnest season even though it's a little CRAZY!!
Post a Comment