Monday, September 22, 2008

new family motto

I wanted to jot down a few thoughts that I have been having before Ellie wakes up this morning!
In conversations that I have with a friend she uses the phrase 'we can do hard things' or 'I can do hard things', a lot! She usually says this when her or her family is about to accomplish or even start out on a goal.
As I have thought on this phrase, it is something that I want my own family to adopt. I think too often (with myself) we take the easy road out. If something is a bit of a challenge or it seems as if it might take too long or take too great of an effort it is easy to give up and forget the goal or even the dream! I don't want to give up on my dreams and I don't want Casey or my children to give up their dreams. If something appears to be too difficult, I want them to attack it head on and not even bat an eyelash. Sure, it is fine to be scared and intimidated, but when we overcome things that make us feel that way, that is when we really grow. That, is a true accomplishment.
I want my kids to be proud of me and say, "Wow, that's my mom!" I want my life to be rewarding and challenging. I WANT TO DO HARD THINGS!

3 comments:

jenifer said...

you go girl!! i think you've come a long way this summer with all your running and racing and free motion quilting... you rock at hard things...

Jodi said...

Embracing the task at hand ... what a way to live! Thanks for being so positive, it's contagious.

Diana said...

Security is an illusion. Life is either a daring adventure or it is nothing at all