I have been thinking a lot lately on life and how fast it seems to move around me. My running buddy, Jodi, uses the word balance a lot as she talks (and I pant) during our early morning runs.
I think of how I can balance my life with everything and everyone I am involved in. I know that I feel stressed and anxious when things aren't in balance, but I also think that learning to be flexible and releasing some of my control would help with those feelings
Then, yesterday at church a young man bore his testimony on putting Christ first in our lives, a lightbulb went on in my head and I realized that is where my balance lies. It is with Christ! I truly believe when Christ is first and the center of my life then that 'balance' comes. My days go smoother, I seem to have more patience with my kids and life is happier in our home.
Now I am not saying that if Christ comes first that I won't experience trials or heartache, but that life (for me) will be aligned and that I can feel good about myself and the direction that my life is headed because Christ is at the center of it.
I know that I knew this a long time ago, but I constantly need to be reminded of these simple principles of the gospel!
2 comments:
I found you! Thanks for the inspiring message on balance. Keep them coming. I love your pictures of your family and your template. very cute!
Balance: The quest on the journey through life! You are doing it amazingly...nice thoughts, and so true. Thanks for the reminder.
Post a Comment