
Here we are on Saturday before our great race! We ran to benefit autism, the kids (minus Ellie) ran in the mile run and I did the 10k. It was a beautiful day and we had lots of fun. My running partner Jodi stayed by my side and cheered for me all the way! Now that I am in my 30's and just getting into running I am really pleasantly surprised at the camaraderie that these runners have during the race. We were in the middle of the pack and all of those who were in front of us would eventually go by us again and they all had such great words of praise and encouragement! I loved it!

We ran up the hill by the Rexburg temple and then past the water tower and back down the hill. It was 6 miles, and I tell you that I couldn't have been prouder of myself to have accomplished one of the goals on my life list. We'll see if I bump it up next time to a half marathon. I'll have to let my muscles recover from this one first and maybe I will forget my aches and pains (like childbirth).
This has been a great family activity for us. We have done these races a few times and its great to see the kids get all excited and want to train and get into shape!
I had a great cheering section and it definitely made me want to do my best!

2 comments:
You did an awesome job! I really think you are ready to push yourself for the half - think about it. But then again if you do that you might have to consider a full marathon and then you'd have to find a new running partner?!
Diana,
Way to go girl!!! That is awesome that you took on this "hard thing" and fulfilled one of your life's ambitions! Way to go!!
I have been running the hills around our house, and am getting better every day. You are an insipiration. Let me know next time you run, and I will come too!
Post a Comment