I have been learning a lot about life in the past 24 hours. Last night we were told that my parents neighbor and friend for the past 21 years, had been hit and killed by a young man driving a car. Paul was on a walk with his wife when the accident happened. They were walking down a country road around dusk and I wouldn't be surprised if they were walking hand in hand as they did most of the time when I saw them. Paul leaves behind his wife, Leah, and 4 kids ranging from 11-22.
As my brain has been trying to process all that has happened during this 24 hour time period I think of all the emotions that I have experienced from shock, to disbelief, to sadness and grief, and finally (at the moment) peace. I am grateful for my religion that explains to me why we exist and what our purpose in life is, where we came from and where we are going. I gather great comfort in knowing I will be with my family and my children in the next life, and yet I see and have felt (by being in Leah's home) the grief that she is experiencing and I wonder when her comfort will come for her and her children.
I have been asking myself lots of questions and have been doing some self-evaluations: Do I make every day count? Do my children and husband know that I love them? Do my actions and words express that love? Do I appreciate those around me that I love? Do I take the time and express appreciation for the association that I have with them?
There are so many more questions. But I do know that I will make a much greater effort to enrich the relationships that I have while on this earth! I have been given a great blessing to be down here on this earth at this time and to be able to go through this life with Casey makes all the hardships worth it. The bonus to my life is all the added friends and loved ones that I know. What a blessing!
1 comment:
you are a blessing in my life. Thanks. Love you.
Post a Comment