Friday, January 16, 2009

creating a bubble?

I just dropped my big boy off with some very capable scout leaders for the weekend.
Their troop is participating in the Klondike Derby
(all I know about this is there's a race where the boys pull a sled, kind of like a dog sled,
against other scout troops)
.
This is only for 1 night, but it will be one very COLD night!

I do have to admit that I really like having all my children with
me under the same roof at bed time.
I like knowing where they are, that they are warm & safe.
I definitely have control issues & I am having to relinquish my control
as these little ones become big ones.

Here is where 'creating a bubble' comes in.
In my dreams I would create this 'safety zone' a bubble if you will-
where my loved ones would be safe & they wouldn't age any more.

This is such a sweet time of life for me, where my children
are more or less self-sufficient, can communicate to carry
on a conversation & make me smile more often than not.

Last night we were all snuggled in on the couches watching an
amazing documentary, "The Planet Earth".
As I glanced around to see these sweet kids happy & content,
my heart was warmed.
I want those moments to continue on.
Where I can snuggle them on my lap & give them a kiss
without embarassment.
A 'bubble' would be so nice!

2 comments:

Family said...

Remember that the air inside a bubble will eventually become stagnent and un-breathable. As hard as it is, they need the fresh air outside the bubble, but always leave a way for them to come back inside. The principles that you have taught them will sustain them while outside in the fresh air. Thanks for the great parents that you are. We Love You

Jodi said...

I just had this conversation the other day with Stephen - your words hit home. Thanks to the "family" comment - that helps make it seem a bit easier :).