Tuesday, October 7, 2008

music & love stories

My reason for having this blog is that it accomplishes two goals of mine that I have never accomplished before. The first reason is scrap booking- it's just too big of a mess for me. Secondly, to keep a journal. So I am killing two birds with one stone, so to speak. Eventually I want my kids to look back at this blog and get to know a little bit about their mom. So here goes to opening myself up!

There are two things that make me really happy in this life: music and love stories. Music brings out so many emotions for me. I love all kinds, from classical to country, to pop rock, to blue grass. Music just simply makes me happy...I love to be listening to something all the time.

My next little pleasure is love stories (Those of you who thought that I sit at home reading the Wall Street journal and studying the most recent political poll results...I'm sorry to disappoint you). This world that we live in can be so sad and depressing. I rarely watch or listen to the news because it truly depresses me. I want to have good things reported on the news, not just the evil doings of people all across the world. My excuse for living in this bubble that I have created for myself is for my children. I need to be a positive mom who is excited about living and who is enjoyable to be around. So, my little love stories that I read take me away at night, after a long day with my kids (My husband calls it my "fairy-tale place"). That is when I get buoyed up and ready to start a new day.

Now, I want to clarify: my love stories aren't "naughty", they are just great books that really give me a boost. I know that it's completely cheesy, but all I can say is, "it's me".

Now you are probably thinking, "why in the world are you telling me this whole story?" I came across a totally sweet song by Taylor Swift called, "Love Story". As I was watching and listening to this I was thinking about how it puts together two of my most favorite things: MUSIC & LOVE STORIES. Check it out if you need a little happy time!

LOVE STORY by Taylor Swift

2 comments:

Lanette said...

Hey, Di...ok, I LOVE IT! So cute...it makes me want to go buy the CD. Thanks for sharing--you're the best!

jenifer said...

i love taylor swift, but i hadn't heard this song before... so cute! I totally agree, I'm a love story momma too!! Have you read Georgetter Heyer?? she's my fav..