Thursday, October 30, 2008

great MOM day!

I am alone right now for a couple of hours while
Ellie is at preschool, so my mind wandered to yesterday.

It was a FANTASTIC day!

(I need one of those every once in a while to help keep me going!)

It was a day that everything went smooth, I accomplished what I wanted and needed to do and I even had dinner on the table.

The best part: EVERYONE ATE IT!

I didn't hear:

"I don't like this!"
"This looks gross, can I have a piece of bread instead?"
or "How many bites do I have to eat?".


None of those comments were made!

The 'after school' hours are always tricky.
If I have food on the ready for them to begin grazing on
the moment they throw there back packs to the floor, I am set.
If not & they have to rummage through cupboards, I am in trouble.

Yesterday I was ready for them!
In my very sweet, yet authoritative mother tone,
I let them know of my expectations for the rest of the day!

After snacks and a little down time they:
1. do homework
2. practice piano
3. free time

Numbers 1 & 2 are interchangeable, but #3 stays right there.

These aren't rules that change every day.
They stay the same, but other days they have produced different results!

The kids actually listened to me yesterday without any tears or grumbling!
They accomplished what they needed to do and then after dinner were rewarded by watching
Veggietales "The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything!" (cute show)

Another exciting point of my day,
the kids were all in bed by 8:30!
And no one even snuck out of their beds for
water or a piece of bread!
Case & I were able to snuggle up on the couch to watch
the new Indiana Jones movie & then
made it to bed by 10:30.

The heavens were definitely smiling down on me!

2 comments:

Shelley Gee said...

No whining???? How did you do that? I'm just kidding, you were blessed with amazing kids...you are very lucky.

Shelley Gee said...

Oh, I forgot to mention that you are pretty amazing yourself!! :D