Friday, June 12, 2009

this is the moment!

It has finally come down to this.

I am in bed trying still to mentally prepare for that dam race! What I have come up with is that this is just another long run! Every week that we have been training we've added several more miles to increase our endurance. That is all we are doing here! Just adding several miles (okay maybe 6 more) to a run that we have already accomplished. What a test this will be to see if this body of mine can do it! My friend reminded me that if you feel like you can't do anymore, your body actually has a lot more to give! This whole process makes me think of life in general. We come here to earth, take on a body, grow up having life experiences along the way, (some may be great and some not so great). We want to give up sometimes and we feel like we can't go on any further, when in reality we have a great source of strength out there that we can use if we just call upon Him. We have a lot more to give!

I am excited to show my kids that we really can do hard things. I couldn't have prepared for this race over the past 6 months without their support & having them say that they thought I was really 'cool'. And I can't say enough about my 'waterboy'. Honey you're amazing and I love you!

See you on the next side of tomorrow!

1 comment:

Shelley Gee said...

You are 'cool' and your right because you can do hard things. I think I might just put that on my blog...I am going to need it!