Wednesday, July 13, 2011

back to the big city

On May 28, 2011 we left our favorite town of Sugar City and moved back to our home in the big city. It was a very special time for our family. We came to Sugar City about 3 years ago and it changed who we are for the better.

what we will miss:
*the people
*bike rides (especially for my kids)
*swimming in the canal
*ice skating rinks & snow hills
*watching the elk outside the bedroom window
*the big garden and fruit trees
*roasting marshmallows in the fire pit
*simplicity
*Sugar Food Town
*feelings of safety
*4 mile blocks
*sewing group
*windows open at night & hearing peace (except for the occasional cat or raccoon fight)
*cheese factory smell
*beautiful sunsets
*kind neighbors to plow you out from a snowstorm
*close to family
*yelling at my kids without everyone hearing (or so I thought)
*long walks to the mailbox
*and many, many more things

I think more than anything I learned of the importance of family and the special time you have to spend with those you love is sacred and goes very fast.

I am determined to keep the simplicity of my Sugar City life and will be forever grateful for it!



1 comment:

Jodi said...

:/ I don't know how to feel about this post. Long live the memories!