Thursday, June 3, 2010

soccer memorial weekend


Tanner's club soccer team went down to a tournament in Layton this past weekend. We were planning on playing the two games on Saturday and losing (at least I was) then coming home Sunday afternoon. Well, we won our first game on Saturday and lost our second, 3-0, against an amazing team from Ogden. This team could match us in passing skills, defense and playing the field. We had never come across any team like this and I think the boys lost all confidence and nerve.
That night we went to a Salt Lake Real soccer game and had a blast. They won 4-1. It was pretty amazing to see 5 goals scored in a professional game.
With the one win we were able to play on Monday. So we got to stay an extra day, which we weren't planning on. The team ended up winning their first game in the semi-finals. So, that moved them into the championship game against the Ogden team that clobbered us on Saturday. Another mom and I were just going to take the little kids home since the game didn't start till 2 p.m. and that would put us home getting late, BUT luckily we changed our minds and stuck around. The boys played their hearts out and completely changed their strategy of play and shut down the Ogden teams offense completely. They didn't make one goal, but our boys had two break aways and we scored! Before this game I didn't know that I would be one of those moms on the sideline that would be jumping up and down from complete joy, but I was! It was so much fun and we were really proud of our boys for not backing down.

To recap: we went to Utah to play 2 soccer games and just enjoy the weather and ended up playing 4 games and taking the championship at the tournament.
Amazing!
T- heading it
Zumba before bedtime
playing at the park with Monty and Kat
sweet girl
another one
T-doing some cool trick
T-scoring it
CHAMPIONSHIP TEAM

2 comments:

Debi said...

Awesome!! Tell Tanner sweet job! Glad you all had fun and I can't believe you even thought about going home early :)

Family said...

Way To Go Team! sorry we had to miss it but we know there will be many more ahead. We love you!