Saturday, June 5, 2010

life

Cumulus clouds.jpg

i have been thinking a lot about life lately.
actually, since my dad died!
there is so much i would like to know,that i know he knows now,
and i would like to have him back so that i can have him answer my questions?

*why does life have to be so hard for some people?
*why can't everyone get along and just love each other?
*do you wish you would have held me longer & sang to me more when i was little?
*what does the air smell like in heaven?
*what have my grandma's and grandpa's been doing up there?
*how often do you come down and visit us?
*what are my children's futures?
*do they have ice cream up there?
*what did God say to you?
*will we see each other soon?
*did you feel my hand in yours those last few days?
*do you hear Ellie praying for you everyday still?
*are the colors brighter where you are?
* do you smile and sing all the time?
*will everything be okay?

i don't think that i will ever grow up enough to not wish i could sit on my dads lap again. i loved making him his baked goods to satisfy his sweet tooth. the last few months he made me chuckle as he would leave my home and put a few chocolate chip cookies in his jacket pocket, and say, "I'll just take a few of these for the road!" i wish that i could pull up all of those memories and relive them. it came to fast having him gone.

life is good. my dad did teach me that. even though it is forever changing, making us leave our comforts and giving us heart aches. it still gives us never ending joy.

5 comments:

Debi said...

This is a beautiful post! Wouldn't it be nice to know the answers to your questions and more! Life is good and it was great seeing you the other day, thanks for letting Ashlyn and Elle come play.

Taneil said...

I totally relate. Have you ever read "the message" by Lance Richardson? It helped and helps me alot after my sister died. I wish we could have a 20 questions with them. I would do almost anything for that blessing!

Shelley Gee said...

It would be nice to know all of that. I wish I could relive all of those times too. My heart still breaks thinking he's gone.

Suzette said...

I read this to my Mom over the phone and we both started crying.

Jodi said...

Sweet, Tender, & Honest. Beautiful Post! Made my heart swell up and down with love for you and your sweet dad.