Monday, May 11, 2009

farther than you've ever gone

Here we are ('the team', Casey behind the camera)
somewhere in the middle of Chester!
I definitely have my nervous smile on!
This is our half way point.
Finishing up- home never looked so good!
We ran for about 3 hours & 40 minutes!

For our 20 mile run & last long run before race day,
Casey dropped us off in Chester, where we went to
Wilford to Teton to Newdale
crossing highway 33, then on to gravel farm roads,
till we turned onto Moody & had an 8 mile shot home!
Casey was amazing as he rode his bike part of the way
to keep us pumped up & motivated!
He drove the van/water station to designated spots ahead of us,
then he would pedal his bike back to meet us.
He took care of us for that 20 miles with his band-aids &
encouragement.

My thoughts on that 20-miles:
-hard mentally
-no sore muscles, only exhausted ones
-definitely needed the port-o-potties
-toes are in pain
-probably lose another toenail
-all-in-all; I did something hard
(thanks to great family & friends)

3 comments:

Jodi said...

Nice to have this as a memory now,instead of looming in on us. Now that it is over I can say it wasn't so bad, BUT going through it I would have said otherwise. Thanks for making those many miles as happy and fun as possible! I couldn't do this without 'the team'. Casey deserves serious props for being the very important aid station supplier and Stephen the comic relief. You're job of being the optimist adds great to the mix.

Debi said...

This is so impressive, Diana! When you set your mind to doing something, you definitely go all out! Cute quilt too, just another reminder on the "how to" classes you need to get going :D

Family said...

AMAZING! We love you.