I conquered my fear of canning this weekend!
I had never canned before or had much of a desire to do so
- it seemed to be a lot of work and a big mess in the end.
I also told myself that I really wouldn't save that much money.
Boy was I wrong!
Since my kids are older we made it a family affair & had a lot of fun preparing all of the vegetables. Then, my friend, Jodi, came over to show me the ins and outs of water bath canning!




The end result:-39 pints of salsa
-about $32 for all of the ingredients
-great family togetherness
3 comments:
are you going to let other people try it or keep it for your self!!!!
JEALOUS! That looks fabulous and yummy! I really dig your apron...it reminds me of Grandma Gee...sooo cool!
very exciting times...love your photos!
Post a Comment